Home is where the heart is
Australian born to Dutch parents I have always felt a little conflicted. But regardless of the strong yearning to travel Europe, Australia has such diversity and beauty.
And of course, it is home...
South Coast, NSW
- A quaint town with beautiful shops to browse, wineries to visit and food to taste. That sums up Berry perfectly, a must-see destination on the NSW South Coast. It is still one of our favourite places to visit.
- An afternoon in Kiama, time at the Art Bar, visiting places from my childhood... What a perfect way to spend time.
Blue Mountains, NSW
- We dreamt about it, yearned for it and finally did it. 2017 saw us moving to our dream location of the stunning Blue Mountains. Life couldn't be better!
- Speaking of food. Oh wait! I wasn't talking about food. Probably just thinking about it as usual. Have I said how much I love picnics? No? One of the best places we have found for a great picnic (or eat in the restaurant) is the Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens at Mt Tomah. What a great place. You should go.
- Jenolan Caves has been one of my favourite places to visit since I was a child. I am so glad we got to go back and experience it fully.
- Catching up with Fiona and Peter always means food and conversation. It usually turns into a foodie weekend in Balmain, and I'm not complaining. It's heaps of fun!
- I was asked for suggestions on what to do for two days in Sydney! How can you narrow it down? But I did and I also included ideas from other travel bloggers. Sydney through the eyes of a visitor is very different to someone who has been visiting most of their life. Now I need to spend a weekend and play tourist.
Mid West, NSW
- What an amazing place Mudgee is for the wine lover and foodie. We had a great time in Mudgee and will be back!
Mid North Coast, NSW
- Time with my daughter is special because we don't get to hang out often. So taking a road trip to visit her in Port Macquarie was a much-needed break and quality time catching up.